Fall is a beautiful season filled with crisp air, stunning foliage, cozy sweaters and our amazing Fall Velvet Butter Collection of course . However, as the weather changes, so does our skin's needs. This short guide will help you reverse sun damage from the summer and prepare your skin for the upcoming fall weather changes.
Reversing Sun Damage
After spending time in the sun during the summer, our skin may show signs of sun damage such as hyperpigmentation, fine lines, and dryness. Here are some tips to help reverse sun damage:
- Exfoliate regularly: Use a gentle exfoliator like Petal Powder or Banana Cloud to remove dead skin cells and promote cell turnover. This will help fade dark spots and reveal brighter, healthier skin. At night, using a AHA treatment product like Petal Peel 20% AHA Resurfacing Jelly Serum or a retinoid will help fade hyperpigmentation, boost cellular turnover and collagen production.
- Apply a vitamin C serum: Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant like Cell Active Ferulic C+ E Serum that can help fade sunspots and even out skin tone. Apply a few drops of a vitamin C serum every morning before moisturizing.
- Moisturize deeply: Hydrate your skin with a nourishing moisturizer that contains ingredients like hyaluronic acid and ceramides like HydroFix Ceramide Cloud Deep Moisture Cream. These ingredients help restore moisture and strengthen the skin's barrier.
Prepping Skin for Fall Weather Changes
As the cooler weather sets in, our skin may become drier and more sensitive. Here are some tips to help prep your skin for fall:
- Switch to a richer moisturizer: As the air becomes drier, opt for a richer moisturizer to provide your skin with the extra hydration it needs. We highly recommend either HydroFlora Barrier Repair Oil Gel or HydroFix Ceramide Cloud Deep Moisture Cream.
- Protect your skin: Even though the sun may not feel as strong during fall, it's still important to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 30 every day.
- Use a humidifier: Combat dry indoor air by using a humidifier. This will help keep your skin hydrated throughout the day and night.
By following this short guide, you can effectively reverse sun damage from the summer and ensure your skin is properly prepped for the fall weather changes. Remember to exfoliate, apply a vitamin C serum, and moisturize deeply to reverse sun damage. Additionally, switch to a richer moisturizer, protect your skin from UV rays, and use a humidifier to prepare your skin for the cooler weather. Embrace the beauty of fall while keeping your skin healthy and glowing!